I always knew that when I became a parent my life would completely change forever. I didn’t really know what to expect until I was fully in it though. You forget your old ways and habits and create new ones. I have most definitely created a new normal for my life.
The old me would roll out of bed by 7 am to be at work at 8 am or so. Now I wake up to the cutest alarm clock at about 5 am. The old me would cry, complain and beg for just 5 more minutes of sleep. Now I cry and beg for just 5 more minutes with Jacob. Don’t get me wrong, 5 am does come way too early sometimes but to say it’s worth it would be an understatement. The early mornings are seriously my favorite part of the day.
When I found out that I was pregnant, I was more worried about life with a newborn than I was the actual birth process. What I didn’t know was that natural instinct truly is a real thing. People told me all the time that it would just come natural to me and they were right. The old me was scared to even touch a newborn, or any baby really. I was scared I would break them. I got the hang of this momma thing pretty early on. #gome
Seeing Brian interact with Jacob is the sweetest thing ever. The old me thought I loved Brian then but now seeing him with our son has made me fall in love with him all over again. He doesn’t have to work hard to make his “mini me” smile. He is a great role model and daddy for our son. I just had to brag about him. P.S. — Every time Jacob sneezes, Brian says “ oooo Goodness” and for some reason I think it’s the cutest thing ever.
Baby weight. No, I’m not talking about the sweet chubbiness of Jacob (he is becoming more chunky every day). I am talking about the extra chubbiness of his momma. I know it took 9 months to put on this weight but dang I wish it would have magically fallen off my body once Jacob came into this world. Two hundred thousand percent worth it though and I am always a work in progress. Weight has been something that I have constantly battled and I know I will for the rest of my life. I have some experience in gaining and LOSING a lot of weight, so I know it will come off with time and work.
Having a new tiny human in our world has added so much joy to our lives. It has also added a LOT of stuff. Each room in our house has a little trail of things that remind me of Jacob. A blanket here, a boppy pillow there, a cute little single sock laying on the floor, bottles in the sink, and a burp cloth by our bed reminds me every second of how lucky we really are to have this miracle in our lives.
I cannot imagine my life any different. Yes we have our moments of brief frustration and feelings of “this is parenting thing hard” but I wouldn’t change a thing. I love being Jacobs’s momma and I just had to tell the whole wide world.
Happy weekend! 🙂
Every once and a while I will try and be domesticated and cook my man dinner. Most of the time we cook together. It’s one of my favorite past times with him. We normally play music, sing and cook. It’s a ton of fun. Anyways….like I was saying….. Sometimes I like to surprise B with a good comfort meal after a long day.
Here is what I came up with yesterday:
Mini Chicken Pot Pies:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flaky layers biscuits (If you’re watching your waist line, get the reduced fat)
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of diced chicken
- A little bit of shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cook the chicken and mix in a medium bowl with vegetables, and soup.
- Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; crease and squeeze dough gently to hold in place.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheddar cheese on top of each pie.
- Bake at 375 for between 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes and serve.
It is crazy to me that I spend more time in my little cube at work than I do at home. I’m not going to sugar coat it, my desk is probably one of the messiest in our whole office. I will get cleaned and organized but… A. I can’t locate anything when I do that and B. It gets alllll muddled again in about 2.5 seconds. It’s just the way I work and I do a pretty good job of keeping it all together the majority of the time.
Since my office is my second home, I have a few essentials that I keep here at the office:
- Snacks- I try to keep it somewhat healthy because if I don’t have a snack I am 100 times more likely to eat Mike and Ikes out of the vending machine all day.
- A notebook- I have a notebook so I can write down reminders of what I need to do, phone numbers, doodles, etc.
- Planner- This is a MUST because I write down all shifts B is working, important meetings and events, etc. I have to have this to keep it alllll together.
- Thank you cards- I always keep thank you cards around because sending thank yous are what polite southerns do.
- Coffee- I cannot function without my cup of joe or 3. Enough said.
- water & water enhancer- got to stay hydrated.
- Heel inserts- I hate hate hate wearing high heels but these make you feel like you’re walking on cloud 9. They are actually called ” Dream Walk” by Dr. Sholl’s. Buy them.
- Vitamins- I take my daily multivitamin, however, I also take the vitamin L-Theanine on a regular basis because it is proven to lower stress and blood pressure.
- Iphone and headphones- No explanation needed.
- Deodorant- Need this around especially if its been a stressful day.
- A mustache USB Drive- because why not??
- My super nerdy glasses- I can’s see far away, so I actually have to wear them most of the time but they make me look extra smart and studious.
Happy Little Friday,Y’all!
If you know me at all, you know that I am a big UNC fan! My dad went there and has season tickets for football, so you know where to find me at every other weekend in the fall. We have the best time together and it’s one of my favorite places to be.
Then came my husband. Biggest USC gamecock fan you will ever meet, SO I had to become a gamecocker too. We joke about who the real “Carolina” is, ( Which is UNC ;)), but it’s all fun and games. We cheer on each others teams unless they are playing each other. Which by the way, in exactly one year from today ,September 3, 2015, they will be in Charlotte. I’ll be in my Carolina Blue of course.
But here are some classic looks for both “carolina’s”:
And if you’re more of a T-Shirt and shorts kind of girl:
Happy Hump Day!