It is crazy to me that I spend more time in my little cube at work than I do at home. I’m not going to sugar coat it, my desk is probably one of the messiest in our whole office. I will get cleaned and organized but… A. I can’t locate anything when I do that and B. It gets alllll muddled again in about 2.5 seconds. It’s just the way I work and I do a pretty good job of keeping it all together the majority of the time.
Since my office is my second home, I have a few essentials that I keep here at the office:
- Snacks- I try to keep it somewhat healthy because if I don’t have a snack I am 100 times more likely to eat Mike and Ikes out of the vending machine all day.
- A notebook- I have a notebook so I can write down reminders of what I need to do, phone numbers, doodles, etc.
- Planner- This is a MUST because I write down all shifts B is working, important meetings and events, etc. I have to have this to keep it alllll together.
- Thank you cards- I always keep thank you cards around because sending thank yous are what polite southerns do.
- Coffee- I cannot function without my cup of joe or 3. Enough said.
- water & water enhancer- got to stay hydrated.
- Heel inserts- I hate hate hate wearing high heels but these make you feel like you’re walking on cloud 9. They are actually called ” Dream Walk” by Dr. Sholl’s. Buy them.
- Vitamins- I take my daily multivitamin, however, I also take the vitamin L-Theanine on a regular basis because it is proven to lower stress and blood pressure.
- Iphone and headphones- No explanation needed.
- Deodorant- Need this around especially if its been a stressful day.
- A mustache USB Drive- because why not??
- My super nerdy glasses- I can’s see far away, so I actually have to wear them most of the time but they make me look extra smart and studious.
Happy Little Friday,Y’all!
My husband is about to officially begin his career as a law enforcement officer. I’m so proud of him and I’m so excited for him. I’m not afraid to admit that I am understandably nervous about him and his new career. One of my biggest flaws is that I am a huge worrier about the things that I cannot control. I worry waayyyyy too much and often wonder how i can I get past this.
I’m going to do some things to try and stop these worried thoughts. I will call this my “worrier bucket list”.
– Stop thinking about the “what ifs?”
– Be positive and don’t dwell on the negative.
– Find a hobby. Maybe I’ll learn to knit. Or at least learn something new.
– Find a church and PRAY A LOT.
– Read more. It will take your mind of things.
– No emotional eating.
– Take more gym classes. Endorphins make your happier right?
– Make new friends and keep up with the old.
– Work harder.
– Be present with the people in my life when we are together. Less iphone time.
– Remind myself that everything is temporary.
– Listen to positive pod cast.
– Smile more.
Happy Weekend 🙂
I know I’ve said this before but lately I’ve been feeling like I’m slipping. But really… It’s almost been like i am sinking back into the old me, where I feel like I can eat whatever I want and not be active at all. I know i can’t do that to my body.
Ever have those few months where you feel completely unmotivated and out of control? Well that has been the story of my life lately. After weeks and months of beating myself up, the other day I finally had a glimmer of motivation. I realized once again that nobody can change me but me.
It’s not about being on a diet, it’s about a lifestyle change. It’s something I’m going to be dealing with for my entire life. I’ve said this many times before as well, it’s about jumping right back on it. When you feel yourself falling back into bad habits, just take one step at a time. Don’t be like me and beat yourself up about it!
Here is a little bit of motivation to get you through the rest of this week:
Invitations had already been sent, RSVPs were rolling in, and my vision of our peanut warehouse wedding was set in my mind. THEN BAM, out of nowhere, I get a message that we had to move our wedding venue from the Peanut Warehouse in Conway South Carolina due a structural issue to another location!!!!
What I didn’t know was that God had a plan for Brian and me to get married somewhere else.
Like any bride would, I had my freak out moment. Just imagine me, pacing around our house, calling every person I know venting about the situation. After my freak out session for about an hour (or five), I immediately started googling, where in the heck is going to have an opening with only a month in advance?!
Then…out of nowhere ….I find..THE THOMPSON FARM. I picked up the phone right away and somehow they actually had an opening! I was SHOCKED. Something so beautiful could not have an opening on our weekend. I booked the venue right away. I will say this, If I had known about the Thompson Farm before the peanut warehouse, I would have chosen that spot immediately. I couldn’t imagine a more perfect place to get married to the love of my life.
It was the best day of my life so far and here are the pictures to prove it:
Special special THANK YOU some great vendors for making this day a day we will NEVER forget!
Thompson Farm / Elegant Occasions / Brooke Christl Photography / Croissants Bakery /
David Bryant Florist / Little White Dress / Tru Sol Band