Fear can completely cripple you, deprive you of happiness, and keep you from going after your hopes and dreams. Not only that, but did you know that fear can make you physically sick?
Each time you feel fear, it triggers something called the “fight-or-flight” stress response in your body. If there is a cumulative buildup of the stress hormone, it can lead to disorders in our automatic nervous system. This can cause IBS, headaches, high blood pressure, etc. I don’t know about you but this makes me afraid of fear! How is that even possible?
The time that I feel the most fearful is at night, right before I fall asleep. Sometimes I can lay there and the thoughts of my deepest fears creep to the surface. It’s not the darkness that causes this fear, it’s the silence of the night. When I start to worry and let the fear come in, that’s when I start praying. I pray that my husband comes home safely after his shift, I pray for my son, I pray for my family members and friends, I pray for peace. If all else fails, I turn on Nick at Night and watch episodes of Full House, Friends and Fresh Prince of Bel Air until I drift off into sleep.
I like to call fear a four letter word because I tend to make situations ten times worse in my mind because of it. I can get myself all in a tizzy worrying about things that are out of my control. What I’ve realized is that most of the time you just have to let go and let God take care of you. Let your faith carry you.
Happy Monday Y’all!
It is crazy to me that I spend more time in my little cube at work than I do at home. I’m not going to sugar coat it, my desk is probably one of the messiest in our whole office. I will get cleaned and organized but… A. I can’t locate anything when I do that and B. It gets alllll muddled again in about 2.5 seconds. It’s just the way I work and I do a pretty good job of keeping it all together the majority of the time.
Since my office is my second home, I have a few essentials that I keep here at the office:
- Snacks- I try to keep it somewhat healthy because if I don’t have a snack I am 100 times more likely to eat Mike and Ikes out of the vending machine all day.
- A notebook- I have a notebook so I can write down reminders of what I need to do, phone numbers, doodles, etc.
- Planner- This is a MUST because I write down all shifts B is working, important meetings and events, etc. I have to have this to keep it alllll together.
- Thank you cards- I always keep thank you cards around because sending thank yous are what polite southerns do.
- Coffee- I cannot function without my cup of joe or 3. Enough said.
- water & water enhancer- got to stay hydrated.
- Heel inserts- I hate hate hate wearing high heels but these make you feel like you’re walking on cloud 9. They are actually called ” Dream Walk” by Dr. Sholl’s. Buy them.
- Vitamins- I take my daily multivitamin, however, I also take the vitamin L-Theanine on a regular basis because it is proven to lower stress and blood pressure.
- Iphone and headphones- No explanation needed.
- Deodorant- Need this around especially if its been a stressful day.
- A mustache USB Drive- because why not??
- My super nerdy glasses- I can’s see far away, so I actually have to wear them most of the time but they make me look extra smart and studious.
Happy Little Friday,Y’all!
I know I’ve said this before but lately I’ve been feeling like I’m slipping. But really… It’s almost been like i am sinking back into the old me, where I feel like I can eat whatever I want and not be active at all. I know i can’t do that to my body.
Ever have those few months where you feel completely unmotivated and out of control? Well that has been the story of my life lately. After weeks and months of beating myself up, the other day I finally had a glimmer of motivation. I realized once again that nobody can change me but me.
It’s not about being on a diet, it’s about a lifestyle change. It’s something I’m going to be dealing with for my entire life. I’ve said this many times before as well, it’s about jumping right back on it. When you feel yourself falling back into bad habits, just take one step at a time. Don’t be like me and beat yourself up about it!
Here is a little bit of motivation to get you through the rest of this week:
Why hello there! I’m sure you’ve been wondering where the heck has she been?!You know those types of friends where you haven’t seen them in a while but things just seem to fall right back into place when you see each other? Well think of that as me! Yes I have been gone for a little while. What can I say…Life gets so crazy!
I have so much to tell you, sooooo, this may take a few post to catch you up to speed. There have been some exciting changes in my life and I can’t wait to tell you everything!!!
Where I’ve been starts right where I left off two months ago…planning a wedding. During all this wedding planning, my fiancé, Brian (Now husband, ahhhhh) and I decided we thought it was a great idea to move to a new house. Probably not the smartest move on our part, but we did it anyways. Next time, I will be doing one life change at a time. No regrets though. Our new house is more like a little cottage, which I love. It is certainly not perfect nor ideal for forever, but a house is just a house. A home is what’s in it and that’s what Brian is, my home.
If you looked at our little cottage right now, I would be embarrassed. Everything is so unorganized. That’s what weekends are for, right? Wrong, at least when you are planning a wedding. We just got married last weekend and it was literally the very best day of my life. I am still on such a high from it. This past weekend was a lot of getting organized but it was great!
I hope you have a great week and had a wonderful weekend!!