I’m coming to realize that the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt is very true. “Do what you feel in your heart is right– For you’ll be criticized anyway.”
We all have our own wants and desires, dreams and goals. It’s what makes you who you are. Life simply wouldn’t work if we were all supposed to fit into the same mold. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses that we can learn from each other. My brother, Kyle is a finance wiz; I on the other hand suck at all things numbers. I can sometimes be more of a people person than Kyle. Anyways, my point is, each of us are different and that’s a good thing. If we were all the same, this would be one boring world.
Sometimes we have to tune people out who are being negative against your dreams and goals. There is always going to be someone who may disagree, or maybe just doesn’t understand what you want to do in life. If you feel deep down in your gut that you should do something, do it. Don’t let anything stop you. It’s not going to be easy. It’s very hard to not live for other people’s approval (At least it is for me). I have always been very guilty of caring too much about what other people think. This is something I am working towards daily to change. You control your own destiny. Life is way too short to try and make everyone happy.
At the end of the day, I am going to do what makes me happy. I want to surround myself with people who have my best interest at heart, people who support me no matter what. I need (and have) people in my life who will say something like, “Lauren, even if you don’t take my advice, even if I don’t necessarily like or understand what you are doing, I still support you because I love you and want you to thrive and succeed.” Those are the people who matter to me, you know who you are, so thank you…
“There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.”
Go, Be Happy!!! 😉
I am moving to California in about 3 weeks. It still hasn’t fully hit me yet. Three weeks normally feels like the blink of an eye. Three weeks ago it was the week of Thanksgiving. It literally feels like yesterday. Every day that it gets closer to my big move it seems the more intense my emotions get…. Excited. Nervous. Scared. Anxious. Ready. Sad. Happy. ..A different emotion every hour…I guess that’s to be expected with a huge change like this…
Its bittersweet leaving this place, where I grew up, but I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me. I can’t help but wonder who I will meet and what I will see. I know I will be ok but fear is somewhat taking a hold of me. At the same time, I am really excited to have new experiences and learn more about myself. I am choosing to let my faith remain bigger than my fear.
I almost feel like I’m going off to college again, scared of the future, but know that it’s something that I have to do for myself. I’ve always heard it’s the chances in life that you don’t take that you regret. So… as nervous, excited, scared, anxious, ready, sad, and happy as I am, I cannot wait to start my new chapter.
I don’t want to regret anything when I look back on my life. I hope that you will take chances in your life. Life is so short. Don’t let anything or anyone hold you back from what YOU really want.
Go, Be Happy!
Below are my top 10 obsessions for the month of November…These are the things that I simply cannot live without this month….Enjoy!
My November loves….
- My white guess watch. I love wearing this watch. I got it as a gift from my Aunt Angela, who is very special to me, so this makes the watch extra special! It has just enough bling to make me feel special!
- My iPhone! I just recently got the iPhone for my birthday. I am seriously obsessed. This phone does everything. I love being able to “facetime” with friends (which is basically a video phone call), “heytelling” with friends and family (Which is an app that is a walky-talky), and asking “Siri” (My personal assistant on my phone) to find the nearest Starbucks. Trust me, you need an iPhone! Best investment ever!
- Adele. I haven’t always been the biggest Adele fan. She has grown on me so much lately. Now I love almost every song on her latest album and the one before that “19”. “He won’t go” is my favorite song by her but I listen to all of the songs on repeat.
- Netflix streaming. I have been watching TV shows on my computer constantly. I love watching Gossip girl, Ally Mcbeal, and Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I hope soon they will get more of the latest and greatest movies, but for me it’s worth it just watching the TV shows! http://www.netflix.com
- Carolina Football games. This fall I’ve gotten to go to most UNC home football games. The last home game is this Saturday. It’s great spending time with friends and family. I always have a blast tailgating and going to the games. My friends and I are TRUE fans for sure! 🙂 THANKS DAD!!! I love you!
- Belle. I will always be obsessed with my dog Belle but I wanted to put her on the list for November. She is one special puppy. She has a personality like no other. She is so funny and so smart but I guess I’m a little biased because she is mine….all mine!
- Josh Turner. I had the opportunity to see him this past Saturday with my mom and our friend Lori. I was obsessed with JT before I saw him in concert but seeing him live made me like him even more. I had a blast with you mom, thanks so much for taking me. It was an amazing time that I’ll never forget! Love you!
- My gold Sunglasses. You know…..My future is so bright I need shades!
- Mollorca Sweet Bread from Starbucks. I love treating myself to this delicious goodness. It tastes like a croissant with powdered sugar on top. It’s very tasty and has that sweet and salty feel. Try it! You’ll love it as much as I do…I’m sure of it!
- Mio- I drink tons and tons of water. I love adding MIO because it makes it so much easier to get my water in for the day and it taste so good. They have different flavors such as fruit punch, sweet tea and many more but my favorite is the Berry Pomegranate. Sometimes I like mixing a few flavors!
Happy Monday! 🙂
Two to three days a week I go to the same gas station. I normally get my bottle of water, gum and the occasional fiber one bar. Today when I went into my gas station, the attendant informed me that the last time I came in, for some reason their machine malfunctioned and my card didn’t go through. I didn’t actually pay. She proceeded to tell me that she gave me the wrong receipt and my card didn’t get charged. She told me that the person behind me, a complete stranger, paid for my purchase. I couldn’t believe that a complete stranger would just pay for my tab. It was very kind.
This got me to thinking about how would I react to this kind of situation. It made me think about how people do good things and alot of the time, it goes unnoticed. There is so much negativity in the world and it is almost as though we overlook the good in people. It made me realize that there are actually some decent people in this world. It’s almost the holiday season, or I guess you could say the season is already here. It’s the season of giving but in my mind I’m thinking we shouldn’t wait till this time of year to be kind to each other. Even a simple smile can light up someone’s day.
Speaking of smiles…the other day I passed a homeless guy on the street. His sign was the most creative and positive sign I’ve ever seen. It said “All I want from you is a smile. Be Happy.” Some of you could think that this is some ploy to get more money from the people passing by but I gave him the biggest genuine smile I could.
I don’t know about you but I’m going to start making a conscious effort to think about how I treat people, even if I am having a bad day. I want to be kind and generous all year around and not just in the holiday season. I may not have much to give, but at least I do have a smile…..
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3275337/pocketfullofhappiness?claim=y2h2ymmy2jv”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>