One of my FAVORITE things to eat is chicken salad. I could sit there and eat it for every meal. One of my most loved brands of chicken salad is from COSTCO. It’s called Cape Cod Chicken Salad. I seriously dream about this BUT when I saw that it has 22 grams of fat in it for 2/3 of a cup, my heart sank a little bit. I’m not saying I won’t indulge in this every once in a while because like I said I’m utterly obsessed with it. Everything is ok in moderation, right?
I have been dying to figure out ways to recreate my favorite chicken salad and while it’s not EXACTLY the same, it’s just as yummy and A LOT better on the waistline.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 & ½ boiled skinless, boneless chicken breasts – Simply cut the chicken up in little cubes or shred it.
- 1 celery stalk, chopped ( feel free to use 2 stalks, I’m just not a huge fan of celery)
- ¼ Cup red onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup red seedless grapes, quartered
- ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ Cup of unsalted pecans
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Sprinkle of chia seeds ( optional)
Here’s what you’ll do:
Mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Let sit for at least a couple of hours before indulging. It taste better after sitting for a little while. Enjoy!