Every once and a while I will try and be domesticated and cook my man dinner. Most of the time we cook together. It’s one of my favorite past times with him. We normally play music, sing and cook. It’s a ton of fun. Anyways….like I was saying….. Sometimes I like to surprise B with a good comfort meal after a long day.
Here is what I came up with yesterday:
Mini Chicken Pot Pies:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flaky layers biscuits (If you’re watching your waist line, get the reduced fat)
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of diced chicken
- A little bit of shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cook the chicken and mix in a medium bowl with vegetables, and soup.
- Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; crease and squeeze dough gently to hold in place.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheddar cheese on top of each pie.
- Bake at 375 for between 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes and serve.