Without a doubt, I know that the saying “you are your worst critic” rings true. At least it does in my life. One of my biggest flaws is that I don’t have enough confidence in myself. Trust me, I’ve gotten A LOT better. I know for a fact that a lot of women AND men deal with insecurity in their lives, ehether it be in their personal or professional lives or both.
The truth is… you must remember that insecurity is the ugly one, NOT you! I love the quote by Steve Furtick, “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes with everyone else’s highlight reels.” Stop comparing yourself to others! We all have different strengths and weaknesses and we all are beautiful in our own ways. You are not ordinary but I must tell you that you ARE one of a kind!
10 Ways to become more confident:
- Learn something new.
- Tell yourself how great you are. ( look in the mirror and say, “Good Morning Beautiful”)
- Hang around people who build you up, not bring you down.
- Be positive!
- Fake it till you make it– smile even if you don’t feel like it.
- Learn to take a compliment.
- Know your strengths and get stronger at them.
- Exercise and eat right.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Go shopping. It’s no secret that you feel better about yourself when you feel like you’re looking good!
This song always makes me feel happy: