About a week after I had Mason I joined Weight Watchers again. I’ve done ww multiple times and it always helps me get back on track. I’ve got a long ways to go but at least I am on a good start. I really love finding new recipes especially ones that are healthier versions on the foods I love. One of my favorite guilty pleasures is BREAD. I love bagels because who doesn’t love carbs.
Now I wont lie when I tell you that this one took me some practice. I tried the recipe 2 times before I had success. The key is to buy the self rising flour. Yes, you can make the dough rise by adding salt and baking powder but I could not get it to work for some reason. I am all about convenience and simplicity so just buy the self rising if you’re like me and just want to go the easiest route.
The great thing about this dough is that not only can you make bagels but you can also make pizza dough, pretzels, garlic knots or just plain rolls. This recipe is all over the place now but I just had to share with my friends and family because it really is just that good. Also, for those of you who are gluten free, you can use the gluten free flour for this recipe also! Hello gluten free pizza!
The best thing about these bagels is that they are only 3 Smart Points if you’re doing weight watchers.
Healthier Everything Bagel Recipe
Each batch yields 4 bagels.
- 1 cup of self rising flour ( If the dough is too sticky add a few tablespoons more flour)
- 1 cup of nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 Egg
- 4 Tablespoons of Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning ( If you don't have a local Trader Joes, look on Amazon)
- 1) Preheat oven to 400
- 2) Combine the nonfat greek yogurt and the flour in a bowl and start to knead together into a ball.
- 3) Lay out parchment paper and sprinkle the paper with more flour. Knead the ball more and seperate the dough into four equal parts. Each batch makes 4 bagels.
- 4) Roll out the dough into a long rope and connect the ends forming a bagel.
- 5) Place the dough on pan with parchment paper sprayed with plenty of cooking spray like PAM.
- 6) Beat an egg and brush the bagels making a coating of the egg on top. You can also use eggwhites.
- 7) Add one tablespoon of the Trader Joe's seasoning on each bagel
- 8) Place in the oven for about 25 minutes. Keep an eye on the bagels to determine if more or less time is needed.
I can’t believe another weekend has already come and gone. All I wanted to do was stay inside, cuddle on the couch by the fire and drink prosecco. It is now Spring but it felt more like Fall outside all weekend long. Brian and I debated back and forth about what we were going to do for dinner last night, like we always do. We couldn’t make up our minds so we decided to just have appetizer’s for our meal and let me tell you it ended up being amazing.
First, we started by throwing together a bunch of fruit, cheeses, meat and humus :
Then I started thinking, what else can we make?!? One of my favorite things to eat is chips and dip. It is my weakness for sure. Since I am on Weight Watchers, I looked through their recipes for something that would satisfy my urge to eat something bad.
I searched and found a ton of recipes that looked delicious but then I came across exactly what I was looking for- crab dip!! I put my own little spin to it and added some garlic and extra hot pepper sauce. Next time, I will add some red pepper flakes just to give it a little more kick. This was perfect for a cold windy Saturday night and paired with some pita chips, this dip was perfect and so tasty.
- 6oz low fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 3Tbsp uncooked onion(s), finely minced
- 1⁄2 pound(s)lump crabmeat, fresh or canned, drained ( I used claw crab meat)
- 1⁄2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste ( I used more like 2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp sherry (dry or sweet), or sweet sherry (or to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cooking spray ( I used olive oil spray)
- You may want to add:
- shredded parmesan cheese on top
- Preheat oven to 325. Use the the cooking spray to coat a 7 inch dish.
- In a mixing bowl, place all ingredients in and stir until thoroughly combined. Next, scoop the mixture into the coated dish and bake until dip is heated through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
The weekend is almost gone and a new week is almost here. I hope you have a great week ahead of you!
Every once and a while I will try and be domesticated and cook my man dinner. Most of the time we cook together. It’s one of my favorite past times with him. We normally play music, sing and cook. It’s a ton of fun. Anyways….like I was saying….. Sometimes I like to surprise B with a good comfort meal after a long day.
Here is what I came up with yesterday:
Mini Chicken Pot Pies:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flaky layers biscuits (If you’re watching your waist line, get the reduced fat)
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of diced chicken
- A little bit of shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cook the chicken and mix in a medium bowl with vegetables, and soup.
- Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; crease and squeeze dough gently to hold in place.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheddar cheese on top of each pie.
- Bake at 375 for between 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for approximately 5 minutes and serve.
Brian and I have become so into making smoothies lately. Ever since we invested in a decent blender, we have been on this kick. I’m loving it. I enjoy having one on my way to work every morning. Lately i’ve been craving something with apples in it, so we just threw some different ingredients into the blender and BAM, we created the Apple Cinnamon Smoothie.
While it may take a little bit of chopping, peeling off skin of different fruits, and measuring a few ingredients, all you really have to do is just throw it all into the blender. We have a Ninja Blender. Which, by the way, karate chops fruit up better than teenage mutant ninja turtle (corny joke, i know).
Here’s what you’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt ( I used 2%)
- 2 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Apple
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 10-15 Cubes of Ice
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Peel apple and remove core
- Slice banana
- Place all items into blender and blend
- Pour and enjoy!
This is so tasty to me and I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Have a great week!