It is crazy to me that I spend more time in my little cube at work than I do at home. I’m not going to sugar coat it, my desk is probably one of the messiest in our whole office. I will get cleaned and organized but… A. I can’t locate anything when I do that and B. It gets alllll muddled again in about 2.5 seconds. It’s just the way I work and I do a pretty good job of keeping it all together the majority of the time.
Since my office is my second home, I have a few essentials that I keep here at the office:
- Snacks- I try to keep it somewhat healthy because if I don’t have a snack I am 100 times more likely to eat Mike and Ikes out of the vending machine all day.
- A notebook- I have a notebook so I can write down reminders of what I need to do, phone numbers, doodles, etc.
- Planner- This is a MUST because I write down all shifts B is working, important meetings and events, etc. I have to have this to keep it alllll together.
- Thank you cards- I always keep thank you cards around because sending thank yous are what polite southerns do.
- Coffee- I cannot function without my cup of joe or 3. Enough said.
- water & water enhancer- got to stay hydrated.
- Heel inserts- I hate hate hate wearing high heels but these make you feel like you’re walking on cloud 9. They are actually called ” Dream Walk” by Dr. Sholl’s. Buy them.
- Vitamins- I take my daily multivitamin, however, I also take the vitamin L-Theanine on a regular basis because it is proven to lower stress and blood pressure.
- Iphone and headphones- No explanation needed.
- Deodorant- Need this around especially if its been a stressful day.
- A mustache USB Drive- because why not??
- My super nerdy glasses- I can’s see far away, so I actually have to wear them most of the time but they make me look extra smart and studious.
Happy Little Friday,Y’all!
If you know me at all, you know that I am a big UNC fan! My dad went there and has season tickets for football, so you know where to find me at every other weekend in the fall. We have the best time together and it’s one of my favorite places to be.
Then came my husband. Biggest USC gamecock fan you will ever meet, SO I had to become a gamecocker too. We joke about who the real “Carolina” is, ( Which is UNC ;)), but it’s all fun and games. We cheer on each others teams unless they are playing each other. Which by the way, in exactly one year from today ,September 3, 2015, they will be in Charlotte. I’ll be in my Carolina Blue of course.
But here are some classic looks for both “carolina’s”:
And if you’re more of a T-Shirt and shorts kind of girl:
Happy Hump Day!
My husband is about to officially begin his career as a law enforcement officer. I’m so proud of him and I’m so excited for him. I’m not afraid to admit that I am understandably nervous about him and his new career. One of my biggest flaws is that I am a huge worrier about the things that I cannot control. I worry waayyyyy too much and often wonder how i can I get past this.
I’m going to do some things to try and stop these worried thoughts. I will call this my “worrier bucket list”.
– Stop thinking about the “what ifs?”
– Be positive and don’t dwell on the negative.
– Find a hobby. Maybe I’ll learn to knit. Or at least learn something new.
– Find a church and PRAY A LOT.
– Read more. It will take your mind of things.
– No emotional eating.
– Take more gym classes. Endorphins make your happier right?
– Make new friends and keep up with the old.
– Work harder.
– Be present with the people in my life when we are together. Less iphone time.
– Remind myself that everything is temporary.
– Listen to positive pod cast.
– Smile more.