Sometimes I wonder what my dogs are thinking. I know it’s so silly because according to some people, “they’re just dogs”. To me they are more like my family and my best friends. Sometimes I believe they know what I’m thinking, feeling, wondering. I love how I can just give them a look and they will come give me a big ole kiss on the cheek, as if they know that’s exactly what I needed.
I know that all the dog owners out there know exactly what I’m talking about. Having our pups make us feel just wonderful. I wish they could live forever because I know both of mine have pieces of my heart that could never be replaced.
10 things having a dog does for us:
1. They make us feel less lonely.
2. They reduce anxiety and lower stress.
3. They help to cure being a couch potato.
4. They give us unconditional love.
5. They protect us (or try to).
6. They help us live longer.
7. They make us smile and laugh a little more.
8. They can help us find new friends socially. In fact, they often become the source of conversations.
9. They make you feel better when you are depressed, sick, or have the blahs.
10. They make us happier in general.
Quick. Get home and love on your pets. They love you like nobody else ever will on the face of the planet. They’re probably right where you left them, waiting to see you, their favorite human.
Here are my pups: Chinese Crested,Belle and Black Lab, Goose: